Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tanjung Bungah Fish Head curry, PJ

After my week long break and away from blogging, I decided to start with a vicious review on this restaurant I went some months back. I didnt have the heart to review it then, but I do now!
As some of you may know, I am on the prowl for a decent dish of fish head curry. Tanjung Bungah is a place we always passed by, but never tried. Finally, the Day came and SF, SL and I decided to pop over for a meal.
The restaurant was rather quiet, old but had a number of articles framed and hanging on the walls, boasting of great curry fish head and delicious meals. With our hopes up, we placed our orders of Fish head curry, Mah Poh tau foo and stir fried ferns (paku pakis).











It took quite a while for the food to arrive and we hungrily tucked into the tau foo (which came first). The tau foo was ok, rather sweet, with lots of chopped broccoli and peppers. Sure dont taste like the usual mah poh tau foo I had.
Next came the famed Curry Fish Head. Boy, was I sorely disappointed. The curry fish head's gravy was diluted and runny, does not even tempt me to dig in. Although the portion was generous, I was not satisfied at all. The fish head was not infused with the curry flavour.. everything just seemed so.. dull.
The last dish, stir fried paku pakis was again average for me. No doubt the veg is young and tender, but the cincaluk and the sugar/msg was just way too much for me. After a few spoonful, I got jelak of it.
What Julianne thinks?
Dull, over rated and not worth the effort
If you do wanna try, Tangjung Bungah Fish head curry is located at Chow Yang, SS2. Same row as Restoran Chow Yang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home