Monday, September 11, 2006

Mama's Kitchen, famous Loh Shu Fun

I don't remember how I came to know about Mama's Kitchen or who introduced this place to me. It's that long ago.
Just recently, I met CC for dinner. He was hungry and wanted food pronto. Since we are near Taman Tun, I decided to pop over to Mama's Kitchen as they serve food pretty quickly although its full house...
Mama's Kitchen has quite a range of noodles and ala carte dishes (to go with rice). I dont find the dishes that fantastic (SF thinks its too oily), but the famous Loh Shu Fun is quite all right and most guys I know absolutely enjoys the Garlic Roasted Pork Wantan Noodle. We were served about 5 mins later with the sizzling hot claypot Loh Shu Fun after we ordered. This is a fuss free dish, with loads of mince meat and topped with an raw egg. As the claypot is boiling hot, a quick stir of the loh shu fun would cook the egg, giving the noodles a very smooth texture. There are also some prawns and sliced pig's liver in it too. It does taste good when you are hungry, with the sides slightly charred, really hot and the noodles, smooth and tasty. A word of caution though, eat it when its hot coz the moment its cooled, the loh shu fun kinda clumps together. Not a pretty sight and the texture changes...
CC have a thing against Loh Shu Fun, so I ordered the Garlic Roasted Pork Noodles for him.
He must have enjoyed the noodles coz after the first bite, he was practically gobbling down the noodles. I dont really know why guys like this so much.. maybe it's the roasted pork? Loads of meat? I find this dish average only.. or shall I say, it has no 'lastability'. I mean, the first bite was awesome, but after a few bites, I find it just... average. The pork is too hard for me, the sauce, too sweet.
What Julianne thinks?
Simple, fuss free and average.
I've forgotten to take the address..sorry mates. Mama's Kitchen is located at TTDI. Drive towards IBM buidling. At cross junction (IBM across right, fire station on your left), turn left. Take the inner road, same row as Devi's corner. Opens for lunches and dinners.

3 Comments:

Blogger Last-of-the-Dragon said...

when was tat? how come i'm not in the pic????hmmm....

12 September, 2006  
Blogger sc said...

recently la, when u went dinner with KT and gang.. both of us got no dinner plans ma, so we met ler...

13 September, 2006  
Blogger Last-of-the-Dragon said...

oh...heheheh.....

13 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home