Monday, September 18, 2006

Kedai Yong Tau Foo Khong Kee

The main thing about this shop is Not the Yong Tau Foo, but the porridge. Well, at least for me.
My bro introduced this place to me a couple of years ago and I have been coming back for the porridge now and then..
Khong Kee serves many types of yong tau foo. And as an accompaniment to the YTF, Khong Kee also sells chee cheong fun (served with normal sauce or curry), fried noodles, beehoon and porridge. So far, I have only eaten the porridge as I just cant help ordering it.. :p. SF and SL have tried their fried beehoon, I was told that its tasty, but very oily.
I was at Khong Kee recently with amy and SF for lunch....We ordered some stuff brinjals, tau foo, sui kow, foo chok, bittergourd and lady's fingers to go with the porridge.
So, you must be thinking, what's so good about this porridge? Well, this bowl of goodness consists of ingredients such as groundnuts, mushrooms, shredded cuttlefish, dried oysters, dried shrimps and shallots. The result? You get a silky smooth porridge filled with the sweetness and aromas of the ingredients. Every mouthful is satisfying and I usually gobble it down with glee ;p. I thought this version of porridge is called tang zhai porridge, but SF said the ingredients are not exactly right. My boss said it's called chai yu fah shang porridge. Whatever its called, I still think this is one delicious bowl of goodie!
What Julianne thinks?
Satisfying and comforting
Khong Kee is located at Jalan 21/17, SEApark, PJ. I dont remember the shop number though. Same road as Restoran Lucky, facing Giant Hypermarket. Near Taman Paramount LRT station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home