Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Restoran H&H

I was told that H&H serves very good assam fish head some time ago. And one fine day, SF, SL and I decided to give it a try. H&H is easy to miss as it has tinted glass for its entrance. The moment we stepped in, we were blasted with "moldy" smell. Yup, you got that right, not the smell of food, but smell of some old shop/molding thing...
Immediate impression? Bad. Nevermind, maybe we can find salvation in the food since the restaurant was nearing full house. We ran through the menu, and decided to have the set meal @RM32.80 (since it consists of its popular dishes). The set includes assam fish head, kapitan chicken, fried squids and kangkung belacan. The wait was not too long and soon the dishes came.


The unconventional Assam Fish Head

Horror of all horrors, the Assam Fish head was Not what I expected. I presumed that by naming Assam Fish head, we would get the spicy sourish fish head with red colour gravy. But No, we had the Assam Laksa Fish Head (without the laksa). To begin with, I am never a huge Assam Laksa fan.. I mean its ok, but not at the top of my list. And when they served this mediocre fish head that tasted weird and not so tasty, I was throughly put off. Even the girls who likes assam laksa said that this dish is ok only :(
The Kapitan chicken was tender, gravy was fine, but again, nothing to shout about. Or maybe I was biase already after the fish head. As for the fried squids, the portion was rather pathetic, I can see the base of the plate without pushing the squids aside..The only dish we were happy with was the kangkung belacan.
But will the veg alone entice us back to this place? For me, its definitely a No.
What Julianne thinks?
Unimaginative, stale and depressing.
For those who wanna try, Restoran H&H is located at 31, SS21/37, Damansara Uptown, 47400 PJ.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This writer is overly biased.. she was told by 'someone' H&H serves good Assam Fish Head some time ago.. but what irony .. for the last 20 years, H&H serves the same version of its Assam Fish Head and this is the version that I like best. This is the restaurant that I have been going to with my family since the 1980s.

05 October, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

hi anon, thanks for popping by. as stated in my blog, this is base on my personal taste/ food experience and yes, since it is my personal liking, i am definitely biase. when i said 'some time ago' it meant that i just got to know about it (i'm not from selangor, obviously i have not heard of it years back); not that H&H just started serving assam fish head recently. maybe my command of english is just plain bad for such miscommunication. it's good that you enjoyed their version of assam fish head, am sure many share your taste.

05 October, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home