Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Restoran Insaf

I heard about this place after I started my job in my new office.. One of my fren was raving about this fantastic nasi briyani shop near my office that I must try. After 6 months and many reminders from my fren, I decided to pop by to try.

Insaf is actually rather inconspicuous, with its tinted glass walls and small entrance, you will easily miss this restaurant. But once I pushed open the door, the restaurant was noisy and pack. Good biz = good food. I was told that the nasi Briyani with Ayam Madu and mango juice are their hot seller here, so I promptly placed my order.

What I got was this huge Ayam Madu, placed atop a full plate of briyani rice. We were also given a plate of pickled cucumber and dhal, kurma gravy. The Briyani rice is very fragrant, each grain seems to envelope the subtle spices taste. What I like was the fact that there was no star anise or cloves in the rice that I might bite into. I like the taste of spices, but biting into these are not what I look forward to. The Ayam Madu was extremely tender, the exterior was crunchy and lightly battered. In fact, I had to check if I was eating chicken, coz it tasted like "pai guat wong" (sweet sour spare ribs)!! This is a halal restaurant, so definitely is chicken. The mango juice, freshly sqeezed from the Indian/Pakistani mangoes, was served without sugar, but was thick and sweet. Yum! Insaf also serves fried chicken (another popular dish), kurma chicken, rendang, sotong and other curries.
My only gripe was the quality control. I went back recently, the Ayam Madu and Mango Juice somehow was not as good compared to my previous visits. Surprising for a shop that has been in biz for 22 years.
Restoran Insaf is located at 116, JalanTuanku Abdul Rahman (same row as KFC and A&W). Tel: 03-2693 9737.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

21 July, 2006  
Blogger sc said...

thanks, glad you enjoyed it :)

14 August, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

18 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home