Monday, July 31, 2006

Niji Teppan Sushi Restaurant

I hope I got the restaurant name right.. I have forgotten to take the bill after paying, only barely recalled that its called Teppan Sushi. Last-of-the-dragon recommended this for dinner recently when CC and I called her up for a last minute dinner. I asked for somewhere I have not tried before, and off we go to Teppan Sushi. Niji Teppan Sushi was full house when we reached, it's a tiny shop, patrons sits really close to each other and the place was bustling with activity.

We checked out the menu, it comprises of nigiri sushi, makis, temakis, ala carte dishes, bento sets and noodle sets. As I see plates and plates of sushi being served, guess its pretty good. So we ordered spider crab maki, baby octopus nigiri sushi and salmon skin with inari. All came out fresh and generously served.

Salmon skin with Inari... Spider maki and baby octopus sushi

I always loved Grilled Saba (mackerel) so I ordered the bento set without hesistation. Dragon ordered Sashimi bento while CC ordered some chicken bento which I cant remember the name..
The yummy Saba that I enjoyed :)
I must say for the price I'm paying (RM18.90), the Saba was really cheap. Usually you get only half portion of Saba, but in Teppan Sushi, I get the whole fish! Yay! The fish was plump,juicy and fragrant, grilling was just right. So far one of the better one I've tasted.
Dragon's sashimi salmon came in thick slices, looked really fresh and yum. Since she didnt complain (except she said it was too thick), guess the salmon was good.
The very patient CC waiting for me to snap a pic of his chicken bento....
I curi makan CC's chicken, it tasted like teppan style chicken, but topped with some garlic/radish sauce (that tasted more Chinese than Jap). Pretty decent dish too.
All our bento came with Miso soup (a lil on the sweet side for me), Chawan mushi (too much water in the egg..it started "melting" half way through the meal) and salad (this is ok, very fresh and crunchy).
If you want value for money, no frills Japanese food, Teppan Sushi is the place. Most of the sushi cost RM2-3, the same sushi I had here cost double in Genki/Sushi King. Will I come back to this place again? Yes.

Teppan Sushi is located at 45G, Jalan 1/62D, Medan Putra Business Centre, Bandar Manjalara. Tel:03-6277 4052

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home