Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My Kitchen, Sunway Mas

Not MY kitchen literally, this restaurant is named My Kitchen.

Have been trying some lip smacking food at Sunway Mas area (next to Aman Suria) and decided to pop over to My Kitchen finally. Every time I pass by that area, I never had the urge to try the food in My Kitchen, even though there are decent crowd in the restaurant. Read some good reviews about it and hence, my visit there.

My Kitchen is a simple one shop eatery, brightly lighted. However, I found it rather warm sitting inside (dont recall it having air con). They serve Hainanese and Malaccan food with quite a vast variety. Since there were 6 of us that day, we order quite a number of dishes (as most of it was below RM10). Their signature dish are mutton soup and lotus chicken which we ordered. We also tried the omelette with cincaluk, spicy braised pork, toufu with mince meat, special brinjal and fried veggies with mace.

Clockwise frm bottom left: Mutton soup, Lotus chicken, brinjal and omelette wth cincaluk

Maybe it was the high expectations I had from the good reviews, am not sure. But I found the food to be mediocre. The mutton soup, to my disappointment, was not flavourful. It was rather diluted, and I just cant pinpoint what was missing in the soup (yes, the mutton is there ;p). The Lotus wrapped chicken came in slightly bland, but it was very much over powered by the aroma of the lotus that you can hardly taste the rest of the ingredients. Still, not all was bad. I enjoyed the brinjal dish tremendously, it was stir fried to perfection. The other veg was ok too. The omelette may be a tad salty for most of us though. The toufu? Dont like it.

Although the bill came out to be really reasonable (cant remember how much), I dont think I will be patronising this place again. Guess it just dont suit my palate. Am certain that many people found the food passable, coz the business was good (nearly full house).

My Kitchen is at Sunway Mas area. Same road as Jin Shan Cheng restaurant (corner shop), opposite Restaurant 88.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home