Saturday, May 20, 2006

Marco's Fusion Pizza?

Those who drives pass LDP would definitely see this gargantuan sign board bearing the name "Marco's Pizza" opposite Kelana Jaya LRT station.

This italian restaurant has been in operation for a few months already, and finally I decided to try it. I always have the impression that its like Pizza Uno, but when I stepped in, I guess I was wrong.

Marco's is a spacious restaurant, very well lit and warmly decorated. For a weekday, its rather packed, I presumed the food must be pretty superb. They have various types of seats arrangement, which caters for families, friends and lovers. Pretty interesting. However, dont expect this to be a romantic place to wine and dine.

Last-of-the-dragon joined me for dinner and we ordered Penne Matriciana and Ginger crust beef Pizza (Marco's supposed to be famous for their wood fired pizza). Yes, GINGER crust beef pizza. Is that fusion?? Coz I sure dont recall seeing that flavour when I was in Italy a few years back.. anyways, I was in an adventurous mood, so what the heck..

The food came rather promptly. The penne came first. The penne was fine, came al-dente, just right. The sauce was a mix of spicy and sweet. A tad too sweet for me though. Marco's is generous with its portion, the penne was smothered with beef bacon, chillies and plum tomatoes.

The Penne Matriciana

Then, came the pizza. When I had my first bite, I could not describe how it taste like. And when the flavours registered in my head.. guess what it taste like?? Arnott's Ginger snaps!! Yikes, it tasted like a cookie? It gets weirder and weirder(and spicier) with every bite. Flavours aside, the pizza's texture and toppings was actually ok. I noted that they are generous with their toppings of fresh mushrooms, cheese and beef...and ginger. The crust was not too thick and the bread, light. I figured I just cant compromise Marco's using ginger as the base for the pizza, rather than the usual tomato puree.

The weird Ginger Crust Beef Pizza

Despite the fact that I didnt have a great 'tasting' experience at Marco's, I will still come back another time to try the "safer" dishes like marinara, carbonara, hawaiian before I make up my mind on this restaurant. I am please to say though, that the staffs are well train, well mannered and service is prompt.

Marco's Pizza: 81-85 Jalan SS25/2, Taman Bukit Emas, Petaling Jaya(opposite Kelana Jaya LRT station). Prices affordable, pastas and pizza(regular) are btwn RM14-RM18.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home