Monday, May 15, 2006

Beef noodles- Medan Pasar

I came to know about this beef noodles shop when I came over to a friend's office area one day to have lunch with her.
I was told that this shop has been selling beef noodles for a few decades, a family run business. The shop have gone through renovation, hence it looks rather new and it's with air-con. (the staffs still looks a few decades old though... kekekeke)

Clockwise frm bottom right: Loh shu fun, beef balls, mixed beef and wan tan mee

All the noodles comes in "kon loh" (dry noodles). If you dont specify your orders, you will get "kon loh" wan tan mee and beef balls. That's the standard order. Usually, I would order 'loh shu fun' with beef balls as I find the wan tan mee a tad too dry for my liking. My friend prefers noodles with mixed beef (ie, beef balls, beef slices, brisket and cartilage). The noodles come with a generous helping of fragrant mince beef (though I have tried once where they over-fried the mince beef and it tasted burnt). I like the beef balls as it's rather springy and you get to taste the sweet flavour of beef. Relish it with their chilli sauce, wah shiok man! The beef soup is ok for me, but my friend absolutely loves it, she'll usually cleans up the whole bowl. Overall, I must say that the noodles are good, it does have an 'authentic' feel to it (yea, whatever that means). Service is prompt, you get your food piping hot.

Restaurant Soong Kee(corner), Jln Tun Tan Siew Sin. Medan pasar area, a walk across from HSBC Medan Pasar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home