Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cova, The Gardens, Mid Valley

Was rummaging my photos and I saw the photos I took at Cova. Gosh, so outdated, but then again, Cova's still around and business seems good, so might as well post this :p
Cova's a nice place to chill after work, meeting up with friends..
Some dishes I've tried before..
Duck Confit Vermicelli with garlic and mushrooms..Cova's generous with the duck, loads of it in this dish. Very tasty, with slices of mushroom an asparagus, I thought it'd fared better if it's less oily. Guess they were also generous with the olive oil.
The Honey Grilled Chicken sandwich.. I recalled them using thicker white bread, but when I ordered it again, it's those gardenia type white bread. The grilled chicken slices were very tender and the mango chutney gave a lovely tangy flavour to the sandwich. Oh, and I absolutely love their thick, thick chips! I'm a sucker for anything potatoes and seeing such thick cut chips sent me to seventh heaven :D
The Cod with mash (sorry can't recall the name)
The cod I had was slightly over cook. A waste actually. The mash was ok, not as creamy as I'd love it to be, but mixing in the caramelised baby onion bulbs makes it pretty tasty.
The cheese burger..
The beef patty was overcook, so dry that at one point, felt that I was chewing card board. Such a waste as the beef they used was pretty good, it had the strong gamey flavour that I like. Served with the make-my-knees-weak thick chips..
The only dessert photo I managed to take..The cake that Lily and I have been eyeing since our first visit. In which we finally managed to try..First bite was lovely, almost melt in mouth texture and ends with a sweet crunch of cramelised almonds. But after 5 bites, I had to stop. Was struggling actually. Too rich as the peanut butter and cream was just too much for a full stomach.
I think I prefer their buttermilk scones and warm chocolate cake.
Cova is located at Lot F-226-B, 1st Floor, The Gardens, Mid Valley, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn it. You just made me crave some supper now. Wish I was still living in PJ! :(

18 June, 2008  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i heard they also have beer buffet..!

19 June, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

kenny: oopps! :p

joe: yes, they do...saw it on their board menu..cant remember the pricing though..

19 June, 2008  
Blogger wmw said...

SC, the duck confit doesn't taste as good as it did before! I'm disappointed! sigh....

19 June, 2008  
Blogger J2Kfm said...

was circling Cova and Alexis, trying to figure a place for tea time. ended up going to Alexis. kinda disappointed, really. the pasta here nicer or Delicious?

19 June, 2008  
Blogger boo_licious said...

Hmmm, I ate here once and wasn't very impressed though. Maybe it was what I ordered. Must also dig out my pixs.

19 June, 2008  
Blogger HairyBerry said...

the cake with nuts calls out my name everytime i walk pass this restaurant. it reminded so much of alexis' tiramisu.

but after reading the main course menu, i walked on...hmm, dunno whether i shd give them a chance or not..hehehe...

20 June, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

wmw: i had that months back. guess the standard dropped significantly eh? :(

j2kfm: erm, since the only pasta i had in Cova has detiorated in standard as wmw said...then, i'll say skip both and go to a proper italian restaurant :p haha

boo: think the main thing i like was the huge, thick chips. everything else was average or even below.

nic: that's the reason why i wanted to try it ;). but i regretted. like i told boo, maybe go there for the chips? haha..but desserts frm the menu were pretty good though..

20 June, 2008  
Blogger JeromeFo 令狐冲 said...

Hie.SC.
How much overall for the foods?
Izzit very expensive?

21 June, 2008  
Blogger JeromeFo 令狐冲 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

21 June, 2008  
Blogger Jun said...

was abt to give this place a miss when i saw ur cake and the words "peanut butter" ;p wat cake is it? i'm starting to develop an weakness for PB ;p

24 June, 2008  
Blogger Simon Seow said...

Love their Executive Lunch set, RM 28++ got soup, main, dessert and a drink. Their quality is consistent too. Value for money.

26 June, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

jerome: hmmm..think burgers and sandwich about RM16-18. the duck confit was RM29, cod was RM30 plus..

jun: didnt recall the name, it was at the cake counter...we just said the big cake with almonds and peanut butter. but the PB is mixed with cream..hence can get overwhelming..

simon: yeah, i heard the lunch set's pretty good, but sigh, my office is quite out of range when it comes to lunch time.

26 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, the last time I had the honey grilled chicken sandwich, they use baguette-look-alike bread. :S

01 July, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

jason: the earlier one i had was more like country white bread..now it's gardenia...

04 July, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good place for beer buffet also. %0 bucks guiness.... here i come again

05 August, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home